Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's My Anniversary!!!

Three years, I can't believe it.  Time is just moving too fast for me.  Would you believe I still have straight ends?  I trimmed some of them today.  I'm really over it now.  Check out the pics below.


Overprocessed thin end
 


It unraveled easily
I went through my head and just randomly started cutting these ends off.  I cut close to the locked hair if there was less than an inch.  For the locs that have 3 inches of  "dead" ends, I cut 2 inches.  I didn't cut into any of the locked hair.  Surprisingly, it is difficult to tell that I had so much damaged hair unless you inspect individual locs.  Hopefully, I will part with all of the damaged hair by the first of the year.









Oct 2011

Nov 2011




Feb 2012




July 2012




August 2012


Sept 2012


Sept 2012
 
 
Shampooed later this day
 My hair tends to look its best two weeks after shampooing, of course that's when it needs to be shampooed again :(


Shrinkage after wash
 
 


Oct 13, 2012





I'm still enjoying my locs.  I decided to grow no longer than bra strap length.  I continue to DIY (Nappylock tool) and it is a lot of work.  Having more hair would just require more work and I'm not up for it.  I would like to do some really neat buns, rolls, and updos once I grow out the layers a little more.  My regime has not changed.  I am keeping it simple.  I use Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo (tried the TJ's Nourish Shampoo but it seemed to irritate my scalp).  I also use peppermint oil, extra-virgin coconut oil, and SL Moisturizer that's it. 

I should probably invest in a hooded dryer because my hair does not dry overnight.  My first pipecleaners turned out nice because I left them in over 24 hrs.  The 2nd and 3rd sets dropped quickly because they didn't dry completely, even when it feels dry I guess there is still moisture inside the loc and that ruins a set.

I still have my original Nappylock tool that I purchased right after got my locs.  If I ever lose it, I will use my plastic children's needle.  It works the same for far less and no shipping fee. 

I welcome your questions and comments.  Be blessed.














 



  




1 comment: