Thursday, July 25, 2013

Divine Intervention


January 2013


It so interesting how being at the right place at the right time can have a dramatic effect on your life.  Back in March, I did my sister a favor by going to spa for an infrared treatment so that she could get a green juice concoction for my niece.  While there, I noticed a book on display.


The Crazy Sexy Diet
Besides the name and the cover of the book, I was pulled in the 21-Day Adventure Cleanse mentioned on the cover.  I looked inside and my interested increased.  Of course, I didn't buy the book at the spa for cover price.  I checked on Amazon and I was able to use my Discover points to get the book for free. 

I'm not the type to jump on every new diet fad but I had completed a detox in January.  The detox resulted in some pounds lose but it did not curb my sweet tooth as it had done in the past.  As I started reading the Crazy Sexy Diet, it realized it was a vegan plan.  Vegan?  That's not what I thought I was signing up for.  I continued to read and over a few weeks decided that I could be vegan for 21 days.   


I had talked about wanting to eat a more mediterrean diet for years but never fully commited.  I chose a start date for the cleanse (April 10th) and I started reducing my meat, bread, and dairy intake, at the end of March.  To make a long story shorter, I did the 21 days, dropped seven pounds in addition to the 10 pounds I dropped on the previous detox.  As of today, I'm still 90% vegan and 27 lbs lighter than I was at the beginning of the year.  I finally reached my goal weight. 
June 28, 2013
I feel good.  In addition, to being lighter, I don't get that bloated feeling, my system is very regular, and I have a sense of accomplishment.  I can step out of my comfort zone, do something I never thought I would/could do.  Perhaps, you can too.  Remember, we are all naturally blessed.

3 comments:

  1. wow this is fantastic, congratulations and well done, looking very very good x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyy!!!1 I am so proud of you! Losing weight is such a difficult, yet rewarding goal to accomplish. CONGRATULATIONS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers! You did that!! Hmm...I think I will look into the Crazy Sexy Diet book as well...I know my diet should be the mostly comprised of veggies, but I don't know if I can become a vegan because I like my cheeses and eggs. Perhaps, a vegetarian. :) Looks like your hair definitely reaped some major benefits as well! Thanks for the inspiration! Yoli

    ReplyDelete