October is my b-day month and my locversary. I considered doing 30 styles in 30 days, but I decided against it. What I will do is share more about my loc journey for the entire month. I haven't talked about my product usage in awhile. Below is a picture of the products that I have been using lately. Most of them are definite keepers.
| Immediately After Coloring |
Naturtint-I used this haircolor in August to permanently get rid of my brassy ends. Well, the color came out too dark so I got the bright idea of shampooing with V05 to lighten it a little. It worked. I liked the color but it continues to fade. (The V05 was too drying, I've been using it as a body wash instead). Naturtint was 20% off when I purchased it, still ran me $14. I will give it another try probably this month. The color I used was Natural Chestnut. I didn't color my whole head because I don't want to cover my silver. It's mine and I plan to keep it, at least for now. One box of color barely covered my ends.
Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo-This shampoo makes my scalp tingle, it cleans w/o drying my hair and it is sulfate-free. I usually used it before applying temp color. It is a keeper.
Nature's Gate Shampoo-This shampoo is also sulfate-free. I purchased it several months ago to use for the weeks following my temp color because, it has color protection. It smells like pears, it worked fine, I wasn't crazy about the scent. Not sure if I will buy it again.
Sisterlocks Moisture Treatment-I like this product. I use it as a leave-in conditioner after shampooing. It softens my hair just enough. I liked the scent but noticed that when I purchased it earlier this month, the scent was clearly different. It doesn't smell bad, its just not what I was used to. It is a keeper. I called SL customer service to ask about the scent; I'm still waiting for a call back.
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil-I ditched all of the other oils for this one. I have been using it for months. I like to apply it along with the SL Moisture Treatment after shampooing. It is not oily. It absorbs quickly into my hair and skin. It rinses away easily. I know this because I wasted some on my sink. It cleaned up so much easier than other oils. Keeper!
Sisterlocks Green Tea Shampoo-I purchased this shampoo for the first time, recently. I've only used it once but I think I like it.
Sisterlocks Green Tea Shampoo-I purchased this shampoo for the first time, recently. I've only used it once but I think I like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment