Saturday, August 11, 2012

No Longer A Virgin

I did it!!!  I've been wondering when and how for awhile.  Now, I don't have to wonder anymore.  I'm no longer a virgin.  I did my first set of pipecleaner curls last weekend.  It took an hour to complete.  I used 45 pipecleaners in my 405 or so locks.  That's about 9 locks per pipecleaner.  I left them in for approx. 30 hrs.  Surprisingly, they did not cause any discomfort during bedtime.

Freshly Shampooed






Pipecleaners Set Completed


Set Just Released


Day 4


I wasn't sure if the pipecleaner set would turn out right.  Surprisingly I really like it.  The curls dropped quite a bit but seemed to bounce back nicely overnight.  I slept with a satin bonnet.  The curls did better when I pushed hair up on my head at night.  I have not separated the curls yet.  Note: I did workout on day 3.  My left side held the curls better than the right for some unknown reason.  I will post more pics to update.  The time it takes to put them in is definitely worth it.  I know I will get better with setting them; it takes practice. 











1 comment:

  1. They look really good, I dont have the patience to do them yet Kittylocks x

    ReplyDelete