Sunday, April 14, 2013

Three and a Half Years Today!!!

So since my last post there have been ups and downs with my locs.  I went thru a frustrated period which had me thinking DIY is too much work, I can't do it, and it's time to say goodbye.  I had to really think about it.  For one, taking down 400 locs is not on my to-do-list ever.  Secondly, I remember that detangling was a headache.  Lastly, it is always darkest before the dawn.  I pushed thru that period and I'm happy to say that I'm loving my locs, again.  I've been doing a little more styling without curls.  My co-workers and clients are fascinated by my updos. 




I guess this is a side pony.  I'm wearing my Lilla Rose Flexi-Clip.




Loc Petals will be a signature style for me.  The only concern with them is tension on the roots.  I try to be careful not to band too close to the scalp or too tightly.




Back view of Loc Petals


















For this style, I created a faux bang then tied the beginning of a knot in the top of my head. I grabbed more hair and tied again to cover the ends that were hanging. I continued to the bottom.







I'm gone rock a nice loc hawk one day.  I was playing around with this style, recently.  I could not get it exactly how I wanted it (and I thought it was too much for work) so I took it down.  My day will come and I will be sure to take pictures.
Latest Attempt
Thank you for checking out my blog.  If you haven't updated your blog in awhile, go ahead and let your followers know what's going on with you.  Until next, know that we are all naturally blessed.



4 comments:

  1. Hey!!! I am just loving the styles!!! VERY CREATIVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm having fun with my locs. I can't take credit for the style ideas. I watch a lot of YouTube videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a wonderful post with great styles, I am pleased that you have decided to continue on your DIY journey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. As my layers grow out more, I will be trying different styles. I saw that you cut your locs. They are looking good.

      Delete